Fort Payne Depot . DeKalb County . Alabama . Watercolor . 12" x 16"
... The native gray sandstone with pink granite trim, Fort Payne Depot, was designed by Charles C. Taylor of Cincinnati, Ohio, and built in 1891 by the Alabama Great Southern Railroad. The Fort Payne Train Station remained in service until 1970 and was subsequently nominated, the following year, for placement on the National Registry of Historic Places. Southern Railway #630 is an American Locomotive Company (ALCO) K1, 2-8-0 Consolidation, steam engine. Southern donated this locomotive to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in 1999. The 630 was part of the Norfolk Southern 21st Century Steam program, pulling excursions through Alabama, North Carolina, and Virginia until the program ended in 2015.
This watercolor was painted for a Bella Terra Maps publication.