Souris East Lighthouse . Prince Edward Island . Canada . Watercolor . 9" x 12"
... located on Knight's Point, where the Souris River joins the Northumberland Strait at the Port of Souris; a white, tapered square tower was erected in 1880, at 85 feet above sea level. It received a fourth-order, double-flashing Fresnel light in 1907. A keeper's dwelling, built attached to the light tower, was removed in 1959 and a new keeper's house was built 300 feet inland. The light was electrified in 1974 and sometime later automated. In 2010 the Souris Lighthouse was converted to an interpretive center and gift shop, although the light remains active. The site was declared a Provincial Designated Heritage Place in 2013. This watercolor is from a 2012 visit.
A Giclee Print is available of this watercolor painting / lighthouse art > Details & Overview Here.